Your business is unique. Cover Corps provides customized coverages in the Social Assistance Industry.
Typical coverages for the Social Assistance Industry:
- Medical Professional Liability Insurance: Also referred to as medical malpractice insurance, this coverage is designed to cover legal defense and assessed fines in the event that a health care provider is sued for negligence or dereliction in duties that results in injury, illness or death to a patient in their care.
- Boiler and Machinery Coverage: It provides coverage for such things as routine boiler inspections, sprinkler system inspection and testing, repairs and replacements in the event of breakdowns of processing and mobile equipment and compressed containments for heating and processing.
- Workers' Compensation Insurance: You are required to cover the cost of treatment of injuries sustained by employees while on the job. Workers' compensation insurance, which is required in most states, provides compensation in these cases.
- Umbrella Insurance: Because insurance companies impose caps on the amount of liability insurance they are willing to provide, umbrella insurance may be necessary if you feel that you need extra liability coverage in order to adequately protect your business. Umbrella insurance takes over where your other liability coverage leaves off.
- Commercial Property Insurance: This is standard coverage in any business insurance policy. It includes coverage for damages to the structure of your owned building and coverage for your other business assets such as inventory, computers, and furnishings.
- General Liability Insurance: This coverage is a standard part of any business insurance policy. It covers injuries and property damage sustained by third-parties while visiting your business. It also includes product liability insurance, which protects you if someone is harmed by your product.
Cover Corps also provides specialty coverages for the Social Assistance Industry that cover your unique business risks like:
Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI): This insurance covers your business if it is sued for an illegal business practice, such as discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination or breach of contract.
Cyber Liability Insurance: Protects your business against paying out of pocket for costs related to data breaches or other cyberattacks.
Business Interruption Coverage: Or business income coverage, protects your earnings if your business is unable to operate because of damage caused by some type of disruption (fire, hail, wind, equipment breakdown). This coverage, normally included in commercial property insurance, is usually quite affordable and invaluable if you are forced to close your doors for a period of time in order to make repairs. It pays for rent, employee salaries, lost income, relocation fees and more.
Employee Dishonesty Insurance: This can protect your business from loss in the event that one of your employees steals from you.
Crime Insurance: Can protect your business against losses stemming from robberies. You can buy specific coverage to handle the risks you face both on and off-premises, such as during a delivery or while taking cash to the bank for a deposit. You can also cover yourself against crimes committed by employees while on the job through an employee dishonestly insurance policy.