Your business is unique. Cover Corps provides customized coverages in the Motion Picture and Sound Industry.
Typical coverages for the Motion Picture and Sound Industry:
- Workers' Compensation Insurance: You are required to cover the cost of treatment of injuries sustained by employees while on the job. Workers' compensation insurance, which is required in most states, provides compensation in these cases.
- Errors and Omissions Insurance (E&O): provides professional liability insurance that protects companies, their workers, and other professionals against claims of inadequate work or negligent actions.
- General Liability Insurance: This coverage is a standard part of any business insurance policy. It covers injuries and property damage sustained by third-parties while visiting your business. It also includes product liability insurance, which protects you if someone is harmed by your product.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: Business auto insurance covers your company’s vehicles and drivers that are damaged or injured in a collision or some other type of event. If you or your employees drive personal vehicles for business purposes, you must have nonowned or hired auto liability coverage to protect your company in cases where an employee is an accident while out making deliveries.
- Umbrella Insurance: Because insurance companies impose caps on the amount of liability insurance they are willing to provide, umbrella insurance may be necessary if you feel that you need extra liability coverage in order to adequately protect your business. Umbrella insurance takes over where your other liability coverage leaves off.
- Commercial Property Insurance: This is standard coverage in any business insurance policy. It includes coverage for damages to the structure of your owned building and coverage for your other business assets such as inventory, computers, and furnishings.
Cover Corps also provides specialty coverages for the Motion Picture and Sound Industry that cover your unique business risks like:
Business Interruption Coverage: Or business income coverage, protects your earnings if your business is unable to operate because of damage caused by some type of disruption (fire, hail, wind, equipment breakdown). This coverage, normally included in commercial property insurance, is usually quite affordable and invaluable if you are forced to close your doors for a period of time in order to make repairs. It pays for rent, employee salaries, lost income, relocation fees and more.
Business Equipment Insurance: Also called equipment breakdown insurance, is a necessity for most businesses. Typically this coverage will protect your business financially for anything from a machine failure caused by power surges to power failures to burned-out motors or even operator errors.
Libel and Slander Insurance: This provides coverage if a third-party accuses someone representing you damaged their reputation through libel or slander, or theft of their creative work – charges that can result in a long, drawn-out and financially draining lawsuit.
Media Liability Insurance: If you publish or produce work that violates another person’s copyright, that slanders or defames the character of a third-party, or in any other way can lead to a liability lawsuit, this coverage will handle your court costs, legal defense fees and any fines or judgments that may be imposed against your company.
Cyber Liability Insurance: Protects your business against paying out of pocket for costs related to data breaches or other cyberattacks.
Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI): This insurance covers your business if it is sued for an illegal business practice, such as discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination or breach of contract.