Your business is unique. Cover Corps provides customized coverages in the Food Manufacturing Industry.
Typical coverages for the Food Manufacturing Industry:
- Umbrella Insurance: Because insurance companies impose caps on the amount of liability insurance they are willing to provide, umbrella insurance may be necessary if you feel that you need extra liability coverage in order to adequately protect your business. Umbrella insurance takes over where your other liability coverage leaves off.
- Equipment Breakdown: This pays to repair or replace production equipment , computer networks, heating and air conditioning, and other machinery and systems that keep your business running.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: Business auto insurance covers your company’s vehicles and drivers that are damaged or injured in a collision or some other type of event. If you or your employees drive personal vehicles for business purposes, you must have nonowned or hired auto liability coverage to protect your company in cases where an employee is an accident while out making deliveries.
- Product Liability Insurance: Will respond when someone is injured by a product you produce, resell, distribute, or wholesale, assuming the injury is proven to be caused by your product.
- Workers' Compensation Insurance: You are required to cover the cost of treatment of injuries sustained by employees while on the job. Workers' compensation insurance, which is required in most states, provides compensation in these cases.
- General Liability Insurance: This coverage is a standard part of any business insurance policy. It covers injuries and property damage sustained by third-parties while visiting your business. It also includes product liability insurance, which protects you if someone is harmed by your product.
- Commercial Property Insurance: This is standard coverage in any business insurance policy. It includes coverage for damages to the structure of your owned building and coverage for your other business assets such as inventory, computers, and furnishings.
Cover Corps also provides specialty coverages for the Food Manufacturing Industry that cover your unique business risks like:
Flood Insurance: Commercial insurance policies generally exclude coverage for damage caused by flooding. If your store is at risk, you should talk to your independent insurance agent about supplementing your coverage with a commercial flood insurance policy through the NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program).
Cyber Liability Insurance: Protects your business against paying out of pocket for costs related to data breaches or other cyberattacks.
Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI): This insurance covers your business if it is sued for an illegal business practice, such as discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination or breach of contract.
Supply Chain Risk Insurance: Many businesses are dependent on others along the supply chain. If there is a weak link or a fault within this supply chain, even if it is not the fault of your company, this can damage both your reputation and your bottom line. This coverage helps identify weaknesses, provide a contingency plan and avoid losses.
Hurricane Insurance: Wind and storm damage are typically covered by commercial insurance. In areas with a high probability of hurricane damage, this coverage is often excluded. In this case, you will need to purchase a supplemental policy.